Bay City Roofing; Understanding The Different Components That Make Up a Roof
Roofing in Bay City
Not many homeowners know a lot about how an entire roof system works. In fact, many disregard their roof all together until they need a new one or it is leaking. What they do not realize is that they could get more life out of their roof and save money when all is said and done by getting regular inspections and maintenance from a reliable roofer in Bay City. We are here to explain how your roof is made up and the ways it helps to keep the interior of your home and family protected.
Your Roof is More Than Just Shingles!!! Always Choose a Baty City Roofer!!!
A roof system is designed to work together and defend your home. These different components rely on each other to perform their own task so the entire roofing system can function together harmoniously. A problem with one of the layers causes the ripple effect to begin and things can get out of control quickly if they are not repaired by a local service that provides high-quality roof repair in Bay City promptly.
A roof system is made up of these main components:
- Sheathing - The wood boards that are attached to the trusses or joists of a home. The different layers of roofing materials are then attached to the roof decking.
- Underlayment - Felt or synthetic ice and water shield are used to add an extra barrier of waterproof protection between the roof decking and the roof shingles. It is used in critical areas such as the eves and valleys.
- Shingles or Tiles - Individual overlapping pieces that are usually flat and rectangular-shaped; typically made from materials such as asphalt, wood, tile, concrete, metal, and more.
- Attic Ventilation - Allows heat and moisture to escape to defend your roof from early deterioration.
- Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles - The finishing touch that adds architectural depth and dimension to your home while protecting against leaks at the hips and ridges.
Regular Maintenance is Key
Even the best roofing materials that were installed properly need maintenance from time to time to get the most life out of them. The most significant thing you can do to keep your roof in good working condition is to have it properly inspected and maintained. As a factory-certified Bay City roofer with GAF and Owens Corning, our experts know exactly what to look for and will thoroughly inspect your roof to make sure everything is working correctly.
CALL BRAZOSPORT ROOFING NOW (979) 297-9600
Contact us today to schedule your free examination before the holidays arrive! And be sure to follow us on Facebook for more home improvement tips.